Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Eggs Benedict - Easy Mode

I say easy mode because I didn't make my hollandaise sauce from scratch nor did I bake my own english muffins. This was a quickie breakfast made on a Tuesday morning before work

Eggs Benedict: poached egg and ham on an English muffin topped with hollandaise sauce.

I started off wrong, though. I made the packaged hollandaise sauce. Doh! The sauce ended up being a little thicker than it probably should have been.

The grease popping from the ham was a good wake up.

After frying up the ham, I stated on the hard part - egg poaching.

Actually, egg poaching is easy. Really. If I can do it...
Boiling some water - get a good rolling boil. I added salt and vinegar. The vinegar was a suggestion from a culinary-inclined friend.
Crack an egg in it.
Let the egg cook some so that the white congeals and yolk cooks a little bit.
Fish it out with a laddle or spoon.

Voila

No comments:

Post a Comment